The 6.0L Power Stroke® Engine.
Its Competition Isn't Much Competition.
(Available as Reman)
6.0L Power Stroke® Diesel engines deliver world-class performance. The 6.0L outsells all other diesel engines — Dodge, Chevy and GMC — combined.
Punch the accelerator. The 6.0L Ford Power Stroke® is the horsepower leader among heavy-duty pickups, with:
- A state-of-the-art variable geometry turbocharger provides maximum responsiveness at all speeds, with any load size
- 5-speed TorqShift™ automatic transmission for acceleration, drivability and stump-pulling, low-end torque
- Durable, rigid cast iron bedplate and multi-layer stainless steel head gaskets
- Best-in-class serviceability and ease of maintenance, including:
- Hydraulic roller followers that eliminate valve lash adjustments
- Easily accessible cartridge-style fuel and oil filters
- Externally accessible glow plugs
- Less service time in the shop and lower overall maintenance costs
The 6.0L Power Stroke® Diesel — Up Close and Personal.
4 valves per cylinder provide better airflow for greater power and fuel economy.
Power Stroke® Diesel's fast warm-up capability heats the cab and clears the windshield in practically no time, even in cold climates.
Added durability and longevity for base engine components, with a 42% increase in oil flow for improved piston cooling.
Externally serviceable glow plugs are accessible without removing valve covers, saving you time and money.
Premium silicon seals on O-ring fittings help provide greater oil flow reliability and 30% fewer oil leak paths.
The new air filter design is capable of holding almost 3 pounds of dirt before it needs replacement. A filter minder measures restriction and indicates when the change is needed.
Easy access oil filter features a top-mounted cartridge design to ease routine maintenance – no need to crawl under the vehicle.
Stainless steel, multi-layer head gaskets are exceptionally durable.
Reusable long-life gaskets help save on parts costs.